608-258-8555 info@ks-lawfirm.com

Question: I will be filing bankruptcy and am preparing my schedules.  As my financial problems have worsened, I have used money from my minor children’s savings accounts. Do I have to say anything about this?

Answer: Yes. The money you have “borrowed” from your children should be disclosed as a debt you owe. Besides paying the filing fee, about the only thing debtors have to do to get the benefits of bankruptcy is provide a full and complete financial disclosure. We all know that the three most important factors in real estate are “location, location, location.”  In bankruptcy, the three most important factors are “disclosure, disclosure, disclosure.”

Any monies borrowed from relatives, even if they are minors and cannot give their consent, should be disclosed.


Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our firm, along with a free downloadable ebook about foreclosures. Unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time.

Ebooks and Offers

You have successfully subscribed. Watch your email for your free ebook. It will arrive within the next five minutes.